Terms and Conditions
Star Media Group Berhad [Company No.: 197101000523 (10894-D)] (“Organiser”) - Feel The Love
With Ronan Keating At Genting (“Contest”)
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST AS THEY CONTAIN BINDING LEGAL TERMS AND OBLIGATIONS INCLUDING LIMITATIONS OR
EXCLUSION OF OUR LIABILITY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE FULLY READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING THIS CONTEST.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT PROCEED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
- This Contest is organised by the Organiser and sponsored by Genting Malaysia Berhad [Company No.: 198001004236(58019-U)] (“Sponsor”). This Contest is open to all residents in Malaysia, aged 18 years and above at the time of entry save and except for: -
- permanent and/or temporary employees of the Organiser or Sponsor and/or its respective subsidiaries and/or its affiliates, and their immediate family members (defined as parents, siblings, children or domestic partners, regardless of where they live) or households of such officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives; and
- representatives and/or business partners (including advertising, promotion and public relations agencies) of the Organiser or Sponsor and their immediate family members (defined as parents, siblings, children or domestic partners, regardless of where they live) or households of such officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives.
- The Contest will commence from 28 January 2020 at 12.00am and end on 9 February 2020 at 11.59pm (“Contest Period”).
- Participants have to visit the Contest’s website https://contests.thestar.com.my/gentingvalentine/. Participants shall click "join now" and fill up the requisite information/particulars in order to submit
entries to the Contest. Participants who provide incorrect and/or insufficient
information/particulars will be automatically disqualified.
- In order to stand a chance to win a prize in this Contest, participants shall either:
(i) submit a video link of them singing Ronan Keating’s full song entitled “When you say nothing at all” creatively;
(ii) complete a slogan “I would love to go to Ronan Keating’s concert because (in less than 100
words)”. Participants who opt for option (1) shall upload their video clip onto YouTube and make the
clip public and submit the link to the Organiser through the Contest’s website.
- Multiple entries are NOT allowed. Entries submitted out of the Contest Period will be
- There are 1 grand prize and 35 consolation prizes to be won throughout the Contest Period.
Breakdown of the prizes are as follows:--
1 x Grand Prize worth up to RM3,124.00 including
(i) 2-ways limousine transport (pickup from Klang
Valley and drop off at Klang Valley),
(ii) 1 pair of VIP tickets to Ronan Keating’s concert on 14
(iii) romantic dinner for 2,
(iv) one night stay at Genting Crockfords Hotel; and
exclusive backstage passes to meet Ronan Keating.
35 x Consolation Prizes worth up to RM316.00 each including 1 pair of Ronan Keating’s concert
tickets (PS1) on 14 February 2020.
- In the event of any prizes being unavailable for any reason, the Organiser has the right to
substitute the prizes with any other products of similar value. All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash or for any other prizes. All prizes are given on an “As Is,
Where Is” basis.
- Winners will be contacted by way of email with prize redemption instruction.
- Prizes must be claimed from the Sponsor and proof of identity of the winner and the Organiser’s
email to be provided in order to claim the prize.
- By participating in this Contest, the participants acknowledge and agree that the Organiser and
Sponsor exclude all warranty and/or liability in connection with the awarded prizes and/or the
Contest. Participants shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any liability, mishap,
injury, loss, damage, claim or accident (including personal injury and/or death) resulting from their
participation in the Contest, redemption and/or usage of the prizes. The Organiser shall not be held
responsible for any liability, mishap, loss, damage, claim or accident (including personal injury
and/or death) in any manner whatsoever suffered by the participants as a result of your
participation in the Contest and/or the use of the prizes.
- While the Organizer will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in
the Contest’s website, the Organizer makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy,
correctness, reliability or otherwise with respect to such information, and assumes no liability or
responsibility for any omissions or errors (including, without limitation, typographical errors and
technical errors) in the content.
- Use of and browsing on the Contest’s website is done at the participants’ own risk. Neither the
Organizer nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Contest’s website,
nor any naming right sponsors, event sponsors and third parties affiliated with the Organizer shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of the
participants’ access to, or use of, or browsing the Contest’s website, or downloading of any
materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Contest’s website, including, without
limitation, damage to, or viruses that may infect, their computer equipment or other property as a
result thereof. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Contest’s website is provided to the
participants "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not
limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-
- Unless otherwise specified, all ancillary costs are the participants' responsibility.
- If this Contest is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably
anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, then the Organiser
reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the terms and conditions for this Contest, modify
the Contest, suspend, terminate or cancel the Contest, as appropriate, without prior notice.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior
notice and the amended terms and conditions will be uploaded onto https://contests.thestar.com.my/gentingvalentine/. Participants are
highly encouraged to visit the Contest’s website regularly to ensure that they are aware of any
amendments made by the Organiser. Participants continued usage of the Contest’s website and/or
participation in the Contest after amendments are posted onto the Contest’s website shall be
deemed that the participants agree to be legally bound by these terms as amended.
- PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING STATEMENT RELATING TO PARTICIPANT (this “Notice”) IN ACCORDANCE WITH PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010 (“PDPA”) AND PUBLICITY
The PDPA governs the processing of the participant’s personal data (“Personal Data”) by the Organiser and Sponsor. This Notice is issued to participants to inform that this is the basis upon which the processing of the Personal Data is done by the Organiser and Sponsor.
Purpose: All information (including Personal Data) submitted by the participants in their participation of the Contest shall belong to the Organiser and/or Sponsor and the participants irrevocably and unconditionally consent and permit the Organiser and/or Sponsor to use, publish and/or feature the participants’ and/or their pictures (which may include the participant’s name, statements about the Contest or any of its related matter) without further notice or compensation for publicity, advertising or any other related purposes in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to in any of the Organiser’s and/or Sponsor’s publications, websites and/or any promotional materials connected to the Contest.
Transfer: The participants’ Personal Data will be kept confidential by the Organiser and Sponsor but the participants agree that for the purposes set out in Clause 15.2 above, the Organiser and/or Sponsor may transfer or disclose such Personal Data to the following parties within or outside of Malaysia:
- Other partners or any participating partners which owe a duty of confidentiality to the Organiser and/or Sponsor;
- The Organiser’s and/or Sponsor’s agents or contractors under a duty of confidentiality to the Organiser and/or Sponsor providing administrative, telecommunications, data processing or other services to the Organiser and/or Sponsor in relation to the Contest (such as but not limited to professional advisers, customer call centre providers, gift redemption centres or data entry companies);
- Any affiliates that owe a duty of care to the Organiser and/or Sponsor;
- Any law enforcement agency and/or regulatory body for compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or guidelines and/or any person or entity to whom the Organiser and/or Sponsor are under a binding obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, rule, regulations, code and/or guideline and/or order of any competent court of law, law enforcement agencies and/or regulatory bodies.
Access: The participants have the right to request access to and to request correction of the relevant participants’ Personal Data. Nothing herein contained shall limit the rights of any participant under the PDPA.
- All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the Contest or the prizes not specified herein shall form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Organiser’s decisions are final and there shall be no appeal entertained and/or allowed. All participants shall not resort to court proceedings to review the Organiser’s decisions.