Who is eligible?
- We Are Malaysia is open to:
- primary school pupils from Years 4 to 6.
- secondary school students from Forms 1 to 6.
- Malaysian students studying in International schools located in Malaysia
- Participation is through schools in Malaysia only.
What are participants required to do?
- Form a team of 4 members.
- Each student can only be a member of one team.
- All members in the team must remain in the same team throughout the competition.
- Under the supervision of a teacher, produce and submit at least one entry – a Public Service Announcement (a 'PSA') in the form of a poster or a photo ad.
For primary schools, storyboards must be:
- created on/using the original blank storyboard template published in the Star-NiE pullout dated April 8 or April 22, 2015.
- completed with the students' and supervising teacher's details on page 10, and must include the school stamp.
- fit the size of the centrespread (pages 8 and 9) of the contest template and be in the form of a poster or photo ad – containing a tagline or message – that conveys a strong character-building message about what it means to be united as a nation. The headline, body copy and tagline / slogan on the photo ad / poster must not exceed 100 words.
- include a write-up explaining the message of the ad (in not more than 150 words) and the concept of the ad (in not more than 150 words) on page 7 of the contest template.
- You may conduct research using books, articles and the Internet but materials must not be plagiarised. Plagiarism will result in the automatic disqualification of an entry.
- Marks will be allocated for creativity, strength of message, concept, quality and proper use of language.
- With all things being equal in the ad, weight will be given to the write-up.